The rules written here are meant to facilitate the smooth progression of the competition and help players and administrators resolve conflicts. The most important principle is that teams and players attempt, to the best of their abilities, to play and finish their matches regardless of what happens.
An infraction of the rules (breaking them) may cause a team to forfeit a game – take an automatic loss. Severe infractions of these rules may lead to a disqualification from the competition.
Registration and participation
-Teams can be consist of 5 members (compulsory) and 2 substitute (optional ) , 1 Manager (Optional)
-This tournament is open to Malaysians only.
-Only 16 years old and above can join this competition.
-Each team must commit to the time that has been set beforehand by the organizers.
-Team names/ player names that are found to be offensive/vulgar will not be tolerated by the organizers and a request of name change is allowed during and before the competition, teams that are found not following this will be disqualified immediately.
-Teams need to register at esukan.gg to enter this competition.
-A representative (manager/captain/player) must be in the Discord to keep themselves updated to any new information. Should the representative is unable to commit, teams should notify the admin about a change of representative OR the representative will be responsible in delegating their duties to their teammates.
-Please come prepared on the time mentioned by the admins.
-Teams must follow any instructions from the admins.
-Players are to conduct themselves appropriately during the tournament time frame when interacting with admins or other players.
-For any accusations/report, proofs must be submitted (e.g an opponent team forfeiting their match - a screenshot of the conversation must be attached) for the marshals to determine the legibility of it.
- Failure to follow the scheduled timing . Teams will be penalized in this order:
5 Minutes Late : Lose one ban (teams wait until time runs out without banning)
10 Minutes Late : Lose two bans (teams wait until time runs out without banning)
15 Minutes Late : Disqualified from the match ( Free win to the opponent )
- Failure to report to the admins in case of emergencies ( not able to attend ) or player change /Team name changes / Logo changes :
1st Warning Team Changes : Team will lose pick priority for the whole tournament
2nd Warning Team Changes: Will be banned from MEC for a season.
3rd Warning Team Changes: Will be banned from MEC for a year.
1st Warning of Player Misconduct: Team will lose pick priority for the whole tournament/Default loss.
2nd Warning of Player Misconduct: Will be banned for the next season of MEC
3rd Warning of Player Misconduct: Will be banned from MEC for a year.
Depending on the severity of the player misconduct, penalties may be changed accordingly.
-The examples of player misconduct:
Being rude/inappropriate/using vulgar words when dealing about tournaments.
Providing no proof of opponents forfeiting their matches.
Certain issues can be discussed with the admin in case of relevant cases that we may dismiss based on discussion and proof of said issue.
*THIS PUNISHMENTS IS FOR THE ORGANIZATION MANAGING THE PLAYERS AND THE PLAYERS THEMSELVES. TEAMS WHO OWNS THIS PLAYER WILL BE FOLLOWING THE RULES STATED HERE AND MAY NOT ATTEMPT TO SHORTEN / BANISH THE PUNISHMENT ONTO SAID PLAYER, THE MANAGEMENT WHO DIRECTLY MANAGES THE PLAYERS WILL NOT BE UNBAN FROM THE LIST IF THEY HAVE RECRUITED NEW PLAYERS TO THE TEAM. NEW PLAYERS WILL EXPERIENCE THE SAME CONSEQUENCES BY JOINING THE BANNED ORGANIZATION*
1. Participation is at your own risk. PARTICIPANTS must follow the rules, use caution, and take care of PARTICIPANT'S own health. ORGANIZERS are not liable for any losses in relation to the event, directly or indirect, for example in case of a canceled event, electrical failure or similar. No person or persons shall hold Geek Events liable.
2. Each PARTICIPANT is a binding contract to abide by the rules or the ORGANIZERS will reserve the right to ban the participant.
3. Each PARTICIPANT is responsible for giving correct information to the ORGANIZERS. Incorrect information either by mistake or on purpose may cause the PARTICIPANT to not be able to join the tournament.
4. ORGANIZERS reserve the right to without further notice change the rules.
5. Each PARTICIPANT must follow the instructions from ORGANIZERS, and authorities, such as the security personnel, police, fire brigade, etc.
6. The ORGANIZER reserves the rights to disqualify any teams or enforce a replacement of player(s) in a team.
7. Prize winner teams have an obligation to turn up for an offline prize giving or photo session after the finals and need to post it on social media.